Having problem getting rid of AVG Secure Search? These procedure are intended to completely remove toolbars and unwanted applications from your computer including customization files. Please refer to following post if you wish to uninstall the AVG Secure Search completely.
Step-by-step instruction for AVG Secure Search removal
If you are using Internet Explorer, just follow tips below:
1. Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK.
3. Click the Programs tab.
4. Click the Manage add-ons button.
5. Select the AVG Secure Search as seen on this screenshot.
6. Before removing the unwanted search provider, please make sure to set another one as your default search provider.
7. All changes are applied immediately; when the configuration suits your needs, simply click the Close button.
If you are using Firefox, please follow this instruction:
1. Click the small arrow next to the search provider icon and select Manage Search Engines.
2. Select the AVG Secure Search and Remove it as seen on this screenshot.
3. Open the Firefox menu and select Options -> Options (or open the Tools menu and select the Options item).
4. Select the General tab and reset your home page.
5. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.
6. Type search in the Search text box.
7. Right-click the browser.search.defaultenginename and select Reset from the context menu.
8. Type keyword in the Search text box.
9. Right-click the keyword.URL item and select Reset from the context menu.
10. AVG Secure Search is now completely removed from the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Although this is an effective way to uninstall VG Secure Search, it’s very risky, especially for someone who hasn’t done it before. When you use an uninstaller you won’t have to waste lots of time and you won’t have a hard time removing the program that you don’t want. Using an advanced uninstaller like Perfect Uninstaller will do all the steps for you.
It is strongly recommended you to download Perfect Uninstaller to remove AVG Secure Search once and for all no matter you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox. The powerful Perfect Uninstaller can complete the removal in minutes.
1. Download Perfect Uninstaller freely
2. Run the uninstaller and find out AVG Secure Search in the list
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove AVG Secure Search from your computer completely
- Doodle Tower Uninstall - How to Force Uninstall Unwanted Doodle Tower from Computer
- How to Uninstall AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)?
- Available Methods to Uninstall PeaZip from Computer Easily
- How to Easily and Quickly Uninstall Araxis Merge - Your Handy Support Guide
- How to Uninstall PC Tools Performance Toolkit 2012 - Workable Uninstall Tutorial
- Uninstall Outpost Security Suite Pro - How to Remove Outpost Security Suite Pro from PC
- How to Uninstall Multimedia Viewer Advanced - Information for Multimedia Viewer Advanced Removal
- Super Quick Shutdown Free Removal Guide - Uninstall Super Quick Shutdown Free Completely and Instantly
- Quickly Removing Sproink - Instruction on How to Fully Uninstall Sproink