Maybe some of you have installed McAfee Rootkit Detective on the computer but need to uninstall it after its trial period has expired. So how can you completely remove McAfee Rootkit Detective? What is the best way of uninstalling programs? You are now reading the effective McAfee Rootkit Detective removal instruction.
To remove McAfee Rootkit Detective from Control Panel, follow these steps:
1. Click Start.
2. Click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
3. Click Run, and then click in the Open box.
4. Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
5. Locate the McAfee Rootkit Detective entry in the list of currently installed programs.
6. Select it and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).
Normally, removing McAfee Rootkit Detective and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some rare cases those though, files may be left behind. Therefore, you should confirm that the following files and folders have been removed after following the previous steps. If any are left behind, remove them now:
C:\Program Files\McAfee Rootkit Detective\
C:\Windows\System32\ McAfee Rootkit Detective
C:\ Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ McAfee Rootkit Detective \
Effective way to uninstall McAfee Rootkit Detective
There are a few of these programs available, which work very well to remove every trace of programs on your computer. We’ve found that the most effective uninstaller tool is called Perfect Uninstaller.
Perfect Uninstaller has basically three important functions:
It helps to remove the program that the user wants.
It effectively helps to scan your driver to find any related files.
And it also helps the user to scan the registry to find any related files at the least possible time span.
You can use it to remove any program we want, no matter whether of McAfee Rootkit Detective, McAfee Online Backup or McAfee Device Control. The removal just can be achieved with the following steps:
Step1. Run Perfect Uninstaller
Step2. Double click the program to be uninstalled in “Display Name” list to start the removal
Step3. Find the McAfee Rootkit Detective directory directly in the hard drive where you locate the program to be uninstalled
Step4. Right click the folder to select “Force Uninstall” to start the McAfee Rootkit Detective removal
- How to Completely Uninstall Golden Eye 4.5 at Ease?
- Uninstall WinProxy with Great Ease - Proper Method to Remove WinProxy
- Click2Fix Toolbar Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall Click2Fix Toolbar from Windows
- How to Uninstall NASDAQ Toolbar Easily in Minutes
- Uninstall Quicktime 7 For Mac
- How Do I Force Uninstall AVG Secure Search from My System
- Instruction to Uninstall Calendar Magic from Your PC Once and for All
- How to Uninstall Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus - PC Tools Software Removal Support
- Uninstall Kaspersky - How to Uninstall Kaspersky