QuickTime is a well known application that was particularly designed to help users edit and operate video files on computer. Considered to be quite popular and widely used around the world, it is currently a leading creation among media use. Despite the functionality of the program and its importance in many multimedia production activities, however, it could cause errors at times. It leaves out traces in the computer that can clog the system and slow down your computer’s processes once it gets corrupted. If you have been inconvenienced by this program and desperately want it uninstall it, keep the following instruction in mind.
How to Uninstall QuickTime
Since the program has already loaded a lot deeply-set components in the system, you should be highly cautious when QuickTime is taken out of the system. First, to ensure that nothing goes wrong, you can uninstall QuickTime via the uninstall link that comes with the installation and is found in the Start Menu folder. Once you click on the uninstall link, you follow the instructions while iTunes does the work for you.
But many people don’t realize that using the built in uninstaller in the computer is far from enough to completely remove all of the components of QuickTime. Often, programs installed the computer leave files and folders behind even if they have already been uninstalled. These leftover components need to be removed as well. Otherwise, the install of other media program will be rejected.
To complete the full removal of QuickTime, go to Start again and then select My Computer. Once inside the My Computer page select the following location: C:/Program Files/. In this location, find the corresponding files and folders relating to QuickTime. Make sure to locate every component. Once all files have been located, select them and then press Shift and Delete together to permanently remove the program from the system.
Automated Removal of QuickTime (Recommended)
Uninstaller programs make getting rid of QuickTime much easier, because it takes care of all the deep-rooted bits hiding in the registry and other places on your computer. Since most computer users are not educated enough to go into their registry and eliminate keys, it is strongly recommended to use a uninstaller program like Perfect Uninstaller to make the removal of QuickTime automatically done.
Want to Uninstall QuickTime Now?
- Free Download and Install Perfect Uninstaller
- Highlight QuickTime in the “Display Name” list and then click “Uninstall” to proceed.
- Follow the prompts to finish the removal of QuickTime in seconds.
- How to Uninstall Storm Codec from Your PC - Effective Tips
- How Can I Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 - Removal Guide to Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Encarta Premium 2007 on Windows with Best Method
- Driver Sweeper Removal Tutorial - Simple Way to Help You Easily Uninstall Driver Sweeper from PC
- Fast Way to Uninstall and Remove Prevx CSI from Your Computer Completely
- How to Uninstall CMOS 330K Rev. 2.19F?
- How to Uninstall Online Armor - Useful Online Armor Uninstalling Instruction
- Uninstall adobe media - How to Force Uninstall adobe media quickly with adobe media removal tool?
- XP Malware 2010 Fake Anti-Virus Problem? XPMalware 2010 Removal Community